- From your bank, building society or finance company.
- Most car dealerships will have their own finance deals.
- Other organisations such as the AA and the RAC also provide finance deals, which can be combined with their technical and mechanical checks on the car.
- From car dealership. It involves making a deposit, followed by a number of monthly payments. The car is legally yours only after all the payments are made.
- Involves monthly payments, under which you are in effect hiring the car for a fixed period.
- At the end of the term, you have the option to- return the car with no further payments
– enter into a new deal for a new (or second hand) car
– make a final “balloon” payment to buy the car
- Leasing deals can sometimes include maintenance and breakdown cover in the monthly lease payment.
The Drivers and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) website is the official government site all about licensing a vehicle, drivers licences, and personalised number plates.